Montgomery City-County Public Library
March 18, 2020
TO: Our loyal library patrons
RE: Services during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Computers in the libraries are not available.
- Access to the Internet is available via the HOTSPOT surrounding any of the 10 library locations throughout Montgomery County.
- Patrons are encouraged to use the library’s website at www.mccpl.lib.al.us to access e-books and other resource material that help keep calm in your household and in your life.
- Library Patrons are encouraged to read or watch movies during this time. Instead of coming to the library, please use the website to find learning games, music and videos to share with your families.
E-books are available 24-7 at www.mccpl.lib.al.us
- Homework Alabama is available and can be accessed from virtually any computer or mobile device with internet connection while in the state of Alabama. Homework Alabama is now available 8 am until 10 pm through May 31.
- TumbleBooks’ databases feature unlimited access from home to young readers on any device and is available for unlimited checkout through August 31, 2020.
- Junior Library Guild is another resource available to young readers, usernames and passwords are no longer needed during this time of the pandemic. Please take advantage of this database.
Here is what you will need:
- You will need a library card and PIN. Should you not have a PIN, you may get a PIN by calling 625-4999. The staff will help you get a temporary PIN and you may change the PIN once the Library re-opens to full service.
- Use the card catalog on the library’s website to find books that you would like to check out then call the library to have your title pulled from the collection and we will bring the books to your car in a plastic bag. (Curbside service)
- If you still need help, call one of the following numbers
(625-4999; 625-4844; 625-4890; 625-4848; 244-8679; 271-7005; 334-562-3364; 284-7929; 625-4843; 625-4979; 244-5770)
- Issuing new library cards: new temporary library cards and PINs can be issued over the phone to any citizen who resides in Montgomery County. The card will be active for 90 days. That library card will give you access to all of the electronic information housed on the library’s website.
- You will not receive an e-mail for automatic holds, the library staff will call to let you know that the title is available and to make arrangements with you for curbside service.
- Copying, fax services and any services that require the public to enter the building is not available.
- Reference questions can still be answered by calling the library.
Our library is here to help you bring calm into your daily, We are working behind the scenes to ensure that our library patrons are able to continue to enjoy some services provided by the library and that you remain connected to the world. Finally, keep a watchful eye out for story programs that we will post to our website and Facebook page to ensure that our young patrons can continue to improve their comprehension and learning skills.
Please feel free to call any branch of the Montgomery City-County Public Library if you have any information questions.
Free Tax Service is a service through SaveFirst based in Birmingham. The library partners with SaveFirst to bring this free service to Montgomery. Should you have questions relating to tax preparation please call 1-888-998-2925 and pose your questions to them. The LIBRARY CANNOT answer tax questions.