Library Events & Programs
We like to welcome all new and renewed patrons to our community gathering place! Are you are looking for cool and fun things to do with the Montgomery City-County Public Library, look no further!
Click here to find out about our upcoming New Events and Programs for the month!
Monopoly Game Night
Do you like board games? Want to prove you’re the ultimate tycoon? Then, if you’re 18+, come to the Morgan Library on Oct 17, 2023, for the Monopoly Game Night; register online or in person at the Circulation Desk for one day of play to be named Mr. Moneybags of 2023 and walk away with a cash prize! Come play against the best and beat all the rest at the Morgan Library! Will you be Mr. Moneybags?
Click here to register today!
Adult Short Horror Story Contest
Do you like to shiver at the night? Do you love to write salacious stories of fright? The Morgan Library wants your words for a Short Horror Story Contest! October 1st through 20th, submit your most terrifying tale and see if it scares you all the way to the Grand Prize! With a 500 word minimum and 1000 word maximum limit, the Morgan Library celebrates the Spooky Season with a contest for adult ghouls and goblins. Submit your weird work online at www.mccpl.lib.al.us and have it selected as the winner by our trained critics of the creepy, so dare to scare us!
Guidelines for October Adult Short Horror Story Contest
- Participants must be 18 years old or older.
- One entry per person.
- 1000 word maximum limit.
- All entries must be submitted electronically on library website www.mccpl.lib.al.us.
- Prize for 1st ($50) will be awarded October 25th.
- All decisions are final.
- Entries will be accepted for two week period beginning October 1st-20th.
- No submissions will be accepted after October 20th.
- All participants must sign disclosures allowing library to publish results on social media; alternately, submissions may be published in the Montgomery Advertiser.
- No submissions will be accepted containing explicit, insensitive, discriminatory, or blatantly violent rhetoric.
- Library will publish entries for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place on library website and social media.
Decorated Pumpkin Parade
It's that time again!! Welcome in the fall season by decorating your pumpkins and bringing them to the Library for a pumpkin parade. The Juliette Hampton Morgan Memorial Library circulation department will host a pumpkin parade in the lobby. The parade will held from October 24, 2023, until October 31, 2023. Let us display your talent! Contact Juliette Hampton Morgan Memorial Library Circulation Department at 334-625-4999 for more information.
The Steppers Choice Program
The Steppers Choice, line dance and aerobics class is every 1st and 3rd Saturday. Register Today! Space is limited please RSVP by registering with the QR code below. For more information: Fredriatta Brown-Greene, Branch Head (334) 625-4844. Thanks